Well it's been a while since I have last posted anything, but I am still reading Daniel and keeping up on my daily scripture and daily devotionals. The days have been very full and with a little one, who is a little extra needy this week, it's hard to sit down and write your thoughts.
Lately prayer has been haunting me, in a sense. Prayer is one of the most intimate and important part of my relationship with God. My prayer, when I do pray, is normally about me, about what I want our what I need. Now don't get me wrong, I know you are to make your desires known to God, but prayer should be a conversation to my Father. An open and honest confession and admiration to my Lord, as well as desires, but I seem to always focus more on me.
Now I would love to tell everyone how I spend lots of time everyday deep in prayer, but I wouldn't be being honest to you or myself. But I did sit down, cleared my thoughts, and submissively prayed to God for the 1st time in a long time. I started to cry and give up myself to my Lord. WOW! It was great, it felt so cleansing. I hadn't done that in such a long time. To just let my guard down and honestly talk to God made me feel so good. I felt happier, lighter, and blessed. I didn't ask for anything except to help me do this more often. I confessed my poor attitude, my bad behavior, and lack of obedience. And during all this time of prayer I could feel the Lords presence, even His touch, His love.
I wish I could tell you I have done it again, but I haven't. It seems hard to get that quiet time and alone time. I don't know, maybe I am making excuses. But I will work at getting some of that alone time so that I can continue to spend that great quality time with my Heavenly Father.
Psalm 51
ReplyDelete1 For the choir director: A psalm of David, regarding the time Nathan the prophet came to him after David had committed adultery with Bathsheba. Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins. 2 Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. 3 For I recognize my shameful deeds -- they haunt me day and night. 4 Against you, and you alone, have I sinned; I have done what is evil in your sight. You will be proved right in what you say, and your judgment against me is just. 5 For I was born a sinner -- yes, from the moment my mother conceived me. 6 But you desire honesty from the heart, so you can teach me to be wise in my inmost being. 7 Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 8 Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me -- now let me rejoice. 9 Don't keep looking at my sins. Remove the stain of my guilt. 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me. 11 Do not banish me from your presence, and don't take your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me again the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. 13 Then I will teach your ways to sinners, and they will return to you. 14 Forgive me for shedding blood, O God who saves; then I will joyfully sing of your forgiveness. 15 Unseal my lips, O Lord, that I may praise you. 16 You would not be pleased with sacrifices, or I would bring them. If I brought you a burnt offering, you would not accept it. 17 The sacrifice you want is a broken spirit. A broken and repentant heart, O God, you will not despise. 18 Look with favor on Zion and help her; rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. 19 Then you will be pleased with worthy sacrifices and with our whole burnt offerings; and bulls will again be sacrificed on your altar.