Tuesday, April 10, 2012

     Today I read Daniel 5. It was about King Nebuchadnezzar's son King Belshazzar. Belshazzar used the gold and silver vessels to drink from that was taken out of the temple in Jerusalem. This hit me in the way on how he valued things, objects of grander. He was materialistic, what ever made him look better, made him feel better. He put "things" first.
     I started to think about what "things" I put first. What do I have that I put first above God. Do I value, or do I have values?
     I get the daily encouraging thoughts from KSGN. Today's quote was: If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
     Ouch! This hurt. I value "things" that I feel I need to do or want to do. I play on my android playing games, watching TV, playing PS3, taking a nap, being lazy. I put meaningless things first and I make excuses on why I can't read Gods word or pray, like: I forgot, or I have to do laundry, or I have to clean up the house. But in between all those "things" I have to do, I play around doing "things" that are meaningless and have lack of values.
     I have it backwards. I should have excuses on why I didn't do my laundry, or return a text message, or not clean my house like: I was so into Gods word and spending time with Him, I loss track of time. He should be my first, not my excuse. God should be the "things" in my life. He should be the vessel I drink from. He should be what makes me look better, feel better, and be better. And above all my "shoulds" need to be actions.
     

1 comment:

  1. Yes Jessica The Lord always comes first and there is no excuse from not being in his word daily. Because His word will help you through the day and help you with things that have to be done. God's word is our daily living and He will guide us through the day and remind you how to live your life.

    Love Daddy

    ReplyDelete