Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Resurrection Sunday!! He has Risen!

     Well my reading this week has been terrible and so has my mouth. My cussing is better, but still not gone. I have been doing a small android daily devotional, but haven't really read. It is like the thought completely left my mind. I got caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holiday. Which is totally ironic since the holiday is all about Jesus. I should have been more into His word then ever. I got all wrapped up in the secular part of the holiday instead of the true spirit, which was about our Lord and Savior. What makes it even worse is that I was  complaining about how there was no candy or gifts or anything that was Christ centered. Wow I am truly pathetic.
     Today I was thinking about Easter, my mom said this holiday should be bigger then Christmas. I thought she was crazy, but now, she was right. Christmas was about Christ's birth, but Easter is about our salvation, which is what it is all about. Our salvation, is the bases of my relationship with Christ. Without Christ dying on the cross, I wouldn't have my salvation. He died on the cross for me and all my sins.
     How blessed I am to be able to spend eternity in heaven with my maker and be able to celebrate it openly with my family and friends. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment