Friday, March 30, 2012

     So, it's been several days since my last post. Originally my goal was to post something daily on what I got from spending time in God's word. But that has been a little much for me. I have started reading Daniel, as recommended by my husband and a good friend. The old testament has always been more difficult for me to read and understand, but I will try to get through it. 
     I have read so far Daniel 1 and 2, though there is no verse that sticks out to me, Daniels actions have. It seems that before anything he has done, he has spoken to God first. He also put God first in His actions, by respecting and honoring Him.
     Am I like this? Do I honor and respect Him with my actions? Do I go to Him first with every decision I have to make? Well the answer is no. The truth is...I take advantage of Him. I know His is always there. So what difference does it make in my actions, I know even though I act poorly and sin, He will always love me and always be there for me.
     What an ugly person I have become. Forgive me Lord, for not honoring and respecting you. For not coming to you with every decision in my life, no matter if it is big or small. Forgive me for thinking I always have the right answer to all my life's issues.
     To make it worse I just made a huge decision without going to God first. Lord forgive me, I pray that the decision Collin and I have recently made is the one you have desired for us. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayers Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, thank you for being so transparent. This blog reminds me that I should fear not for he is with me. -Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel is a tough book, I have been trying to read it as well. With me it is all about the trust in His faith. :)

    ReplyDelete